пятница, 2 декабря 2016 г.

Arrow Wall Decor

Arrow Wall Decor
Arrow Wall Decor

arrow wall decor, diy, home decor, wall decor, woodworking projects
TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

I purchased three 1x4, 6 feet long. I cut them into 12" pieces. From here (and this is where the miter cut comes it) I cut both ends of each piece at a 45 degree angle. To keep every piece equal I cut right from the corner. Now, these angled cuts aren't the easiest if you don't have a legit miter saw. It's all about the tools, right?!? So I had to go back a couple of times to "even" things out. Hopefully, you don't have those issues ��

Each arrow is four pieces, so for my three I needed 12. I got into a miter cutting groove so I did mess up one without realizing it! Stay focused, people!!!


  • arrow wall decor, diy, home decor, wall decor, woodworking projects

Using wood glue I affixed two pieces together and secured them with clamps. I let these dry at least 2 hours or overnight.

I then glued both sides together to form the arrow, clamped them and let them dry, again, at least two hours.


  • arrow wall decor, diy, home decor, wall decor, woodworking projects

Once I had all pieces glued together I sanded all the edges and stained them with Rust Oleum Kona.

Once the stain dried I distressed it a bit with my sander and then applied a clear top coat.


  • arrow wall decor, diy, home decor, wall decor, woodworking projects

  • arrow wall decor, diy, home decor, wall decor, woodworking projects

I attached a clasp on the backs for hanging and that's it! Easy, right? I told you!

Now, this room is beginning to look more complete!


Original article and pictures take http://www.hometalk.com/l/Cle site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий