суббота, 10 декабря 2016 г.

DIY Birch Shelves - Design, Dining + Diapers

DIY Birch Shelves - Design, Dining + Diapers
DIY Birch Shelves - Design, Dining + Diapers
TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

Do-it-yourself Open Birch Shelves - Click to get the tutorial

I love how they turned out and I think they help bring a sweet modern look to the room. Best part is, they were really simple to make!


DIY Birch Shelves

Eek! I can’t wait to meet that little face in that picture :)


Birch Shelves in Nursery

Ready to make your own?


SUPPLIES:


  • (4) pieces of pre-finished pvc board cut to 24″ each
  • White Paint (available at your local True Value)
  • (4) 12″ pieces of birch
  • (8) Wood Screws

Birch Shelving tutorial 1

I like to work with the pre-finished pvc wood when I know I’m going to be painting it. It has a smooth finish and it only requires one quick coat of paint, especially if I’m working with white. I decided to make 24″ long shelves based on the space I was working with. You can make yours longer or shorter.


I cut my pieces of birch to 12″. This can also vary depending on the look you want.


Birch Tree Tutorial 3

Attaching the birch to the shelves was a learning experience. I found that a single screw didn’t hold the birch and the shelves very well. The log would still spin. By adding a glob of wood glue and allowing it to try helped secure the pieces together and fill in some of the gaps from the uneven wood.


Birch Shelving Tutorial 3

I did one full side first and let them dry.


Birch Shelving Tutorial 4

Next, I attached the top piece of the shelves and secured them to the wood. I used a level to help position the board.


DIY Birch Shelves in Nursery

I’m so excited with how they turned out, it was exactly the look I wanted for this space and it only took a day to complete!


I was one of the bloggers selected by True Value to work on the DIY Squad. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program as well as writing about my experience. I have also been compensated for the materials needed for my DIY project. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.


Original article and pictures take http://designdininganddiapers.com/diy-birch-shelves/ site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий