вторник, 27 декабря 2016 г.

DIY Storage Bench with D. Lawless Hardware - August's FFFC - Handmade with Ashley

DIY Storage Bench with D. Lawless Hardware - August's FFFC - Handmade with Ashley
DIY Storage Bench with D. Lawless Hardware - August's FFFC - Handmade with Ashley
TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

DIY Storage Bench with D. Lawless Hardware - August's FFFC

DIY Storage Bench with D. Lawless Hardware – August’s FFFC


I have a bad habit of starting new projects before completing old projects. About a year ago, I started to build a storage bench following plans by Ana White. I was about half way done with the building portion of it when I stopped working on it. I don’t recall what distracted me from completion, but it sat in my garage for months!


(Instagram informs me that I took this photo 52 weeks ago from today. Yikes!)



When I joined August’s Fab Furniture Flippin’ Contest, I looked around the house for a piece of old furniture that could use some TLC. I then got the idea of revisiting the bench project. Today, I will share the steps I took to build and finish the bench. However before I begin, I want to first give the Fab Furniture Flippin’ Contest and this month’s sponsor the proper introduction!


The Fab Furniture Flippin’ Contest


Fab Furniture Flippin' Contest
Fab Furniture Flippin’ Contest

The Fab Furniture Flippin’ Contest is a monthly furniture decorating contest. Each month there is a new theme and a new sponsor. August’s theme is “class it up,” and August’s sponsor is D. Lawless Hardware! D. Lawless Hardware has a huge selection of hardware for really good prices.


The Fab Furniture Flippin' Hosts
The Fab Furniture Flippin’ Hosts

The Storage Bench


I am really happy with the final look of the storage bench. I used 4 large 2″ ring pulls from D. Lawless Hardware in the Dark Antique Bronze (item number P3031-DAB).


DIY Storage Bench with pulls from D. Lawless Hardware
DIY Storage Bench with pulls from D. Lawless Hardware

Here’s a close up on the pulls:


Large 2
Large 2″ Ring Pulls (Dark Antique Bronze) from D. Lawless Hardware

DIY Storage Bench
DIY Storage Bench

Building the Bench


I closely followed Ana White’s plans for the Alexia Storage bench.


Bench sides assembled
Bench sides assembled

Attaching the bench back
Attaching the bench back

Attaching a decorative trim
Attaching a decorative trim

Finishing the Bench


Once the surface of the bench was prepped, I stained the seat portion of the bench with Danish Oil (Dark Walnut) and I painted the bottom portion of the bench with an off-white color.


I forgot to precondition the wood before staining and I was a little worried about the appearance, but I have successfully convinced myself it gives the bench a lot of character.



Installing the Hardware


After the finish dried, I installed drawer slides for the drawers and installed the ring pulls.


Original article and pictures take http://www.ashleygrenon.com/2016/08/diy-storage-bench-d-lawless-hardware-augusts-fffc/ site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий