четверг, 26 января 2017 г.

Industrial Piping Shelves - Design, Dining + Diapers

Industrial Piping Shelves - Design, Dining + Diapers
Industrial Piping Shelves - Design, Dining + Diapers
TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

Piping Shelves Main

I knew I wanted to build piping shelves for his room, but wasn’t sure of the design. So I did a little digging and found this layout in Country Living Magazine and fell in love. So that was my inspiration for the post.


Industrial Piping Shelves

Piping Shelves3

Those little animal bookends were actually once colorful glazed ceramic pieces that I spray painted white for our old family room.


Metal Letter

And my favorite piece on the shelves is the metal ‘M’ that I picked up on the World’s Longest Yard Sale adventure this summer. It was only $9 and the only thing I could fit home in my suitcase!


VINTAGE CAR

Old Baseballs in Basket
If you haven’t noticed, I’m having way too much fun decorating a boy’s room. I cannot wait to finish it.

Piping Shelves2

TUTORIAL


– Galvanized Piping (see image below)


– Black Hammered Metal Spray Paint


– 1″ X 6″ X 30″ Pieces of Wood*


– Dark Walnut Stain – Clear Satin Polyurethane


– Elmer’s ProBond Advanced


– Elmer’s Clamping Tape


* I determined my shelving length based on the distance between my studs. So yours may be different if you chose to secure your brackets into studs versus drywall.


PIPING CHART

Here is the list of piping materials that I used. I’ll be honest, this isn’t the most budget friendly project. The piping does add up, but it looks so so cool, right?! :)


PIPING LAYOUT

I started by putting together all of the piping. Some areas are more secure than others. Since they all tightened at different angles, in order to get them perfectly level and straight, I had to leave some a little looser. But it will all be secure in the end once you attach it to the wall. Once they were built, I spray painted them in Rustoleum Black Hammered Metal Spray Paint.


PIPING SHELVES TUTORIAL

Due to the weight of the shelves, I wanted to secure them to studs rather than put drywall screws in. So first I found my studs and then based the shelving length on the distance between the studs. Hope that made sense. You’ll also want to use a level to make sure they are straight.


ELMER'S PROBOND

To secure the wood shelves to the metal piping, I used Elmer’s ProBond Advanced. It is the perfect adhesive to secure Mixed Materials together, for example wood to metal (or glass and cement).


ELMER'S CLAMPING TAPE

While the glue dried I used Elmer’s Clamping Tape. This is the first time I’ve used this product and I really really loved it. It isn’t sticky, it just sticks to itself so it won’t ruin any finishes. It can be wrapped super tight. I’m going to be using this a lot in the future!


Piping Shelves_1

I’m so excited with how they turned out!


Original article and pictures take http://designdininganddiapers.com/2014/10/industrial-piping-shelves/ site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий