воскресенье, 5 марта 2017 г.

DIY Indoor Cat Garden Tutorial - The Anti-June Cleaver

DIY Indoor Cat Garden Tutorial - The Anti-June Cleaver
DIY Indoor Cat Garden Tutorial - The Anti-June Cleaver

How to Make Your Own DIY Indoor Cat Garden #UltimateLitter (ad)

Our two cats, Orion and Pete are more than pets in our house; they’re furry little family members. As with the rest of my family, I like to make sure that my cats are happy and healthy. Part of keeping our cats healthy means being mindful of the types of plants and flowers that come in the house since many plants can be toxic to cats. If you have a cat then you know that they are mischievous critters and if they’re not supposed to get into it, the more tempting it is. Just like my kids.


Orion and Pete were both shelter cats who had been declawed by their previous owners. This means that they can’t go outside under any circumstances to experience grass and outdoor plants. This is when I got the idea to bring the outdoors in to them by making them an indoor cat garden, but I had to do my research to find out which plants my cats would enjoy and are safe.


How to Make Your Own DIY Indoor Cat Garden #UltimateLitter (ad)

For my cat garden, I picked up the obvious cat grass (wheatgrass), fresh catnip, and catnip seed pods as well as some less obvious choices; rosemary, parsley, and mint.


After filling my pot with dirt, I took the plants out of their small pots and played with the placement of them until I was happy then planted them my big pot.


*Note: Don’t confuse Italian or curly parsley with spring parsley which is toxic to cats. Parsley in large doses could give your cat a bellyache so if your cats are eating too much of it, remove it and make some spaghetti sauce instead.


How to Make Your Own DIY Indoor Cat Garden #UltimateLitter (ad)

I found a pot that was low and heavy that my cats can’t knock over and had enough surface area for me to get creative with plant placement as well as some decorative elements to make my indoor cat garden a more welcome addition to my home.


How to Make Your Own DIY Indoor Cat Garden #UltimateLitter (ad)

To my plants, I added some rocks and some animal figurines. The rocks were from my yard along with some smaller decorative rocks I had in a vase. The figurines were in the garden section at Walmart and they have stakes in them so the cats can’t knock them over. Aren’t they cute?


How to Make Your Own DIY Indoor Cat Garden #UltimateLitter (ad)

I planted the catnip seed pods in a separate pot so it didn’t get too crowded. They go right on top of the dirt and if kept moist, they will sprout in about a week. I know Orion and Pete are going to love having more fresh catnip to munch on. If I’m lucky I might even get a cuddle of thanks or two out of them.


How to Make Your Own DIY Indoor Cat Garden #UltimateLitter (ad)

This is Pete. Pete likes to eat plants. Pete is the reason that I made this cat garden after he ate some of my Valentine’s Day flowers. Harumpf. It’s a good thing he’s funny and gives good cuddles because he doesn’t always think things through.


Thankfully he didn’t get sick! Some common houseplants and flowers that are toxic to cats are lilies, philodendron, aloe, begonia, and poinsettia to name a few. It is best practice to check if a particular plant is toxic to your cats before bringing it home or put it in a hanging planter that your cats can’t get to.


How to Make Your Own DIY Indoor Cat Garden #UltimateLitter (ad)

This is Orion. He is more inquisitive and investigates while Pete is more of an all-in kind of guy. Orion is an incredibly picky cat who barely eats cat food, much less a plant. Instead, he prefers to sniff and rub against the plants in the cat garden.


How to Make Your Own DIY Indoor Cat Garden #UltimateLitter (ad)

Aside from keeping dangerous houseplants and flowers out of our house, we keep our cats healthy by using cat litter that isn’t dusty. When I pour dusty cat litter in the box I can feel the dust in my lungs, so I can only imagine how that feels to cats who are digging around in a dusty litter box. Not fun and not healthy!


Cat Spraying No More

How to Make Your Own DIY Indoor Cat Garden #UltimateLitter (ad)

I picked up some Cat’s Pride® Fresh & Light Ultimate Care® Scented Multi-Cat Scoop Litter while I was at Walmart. So far so good! There is barely any dust or tracking and the scent is so light that I don’t even notice it, which is great because I like the litter box to be fresh without being overpowering. Ultimate Care® has strong clumping and is about 50% lighter (†See packaging for details) than conventional litters which makes cleaning the box a breeze!


How do you keep your indoor cats happy and healthy?


Download this coupon to try Fresh & Light Ultimate Care® for yourself.


Original article and pictures take http://theantijunecleaver.com/2016/03/make-diy-indoor-cat-garden/ site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий