среда, 12 июля 2017 г.

THE SECRET TO PAINTING PERFECTLY SHARP LINES & STRIPES

THE SECRET TO PAINTING PERFECTLY SHARP LINES & STRIPES
THE SECRET TO PAINTING PERFECTLY SHARP LINES & STRIPES

HOW TO PAINT PERFECT STRIPES

Hi Folks! I’ve been a busy bee this week working on the latest room update. I already installed the beautiful floors (in one afternoon!)


HOW TO INSTALL LAMINATE FLOORS

…and then I built this genius (if I do say so myself) under the bed storage solution that I converted from an old book shelf…


GENIUS DIY UNDER-THE-BED STORAGE SOLUTION

So the latest DIY for this room is the striped wall. And I’m totally loving it! It really gives life to the room. I mean, check out the before picture…


Can you say boring??? Blah! Yuck.


At first, I wasn’t sure what to do to liven it up. So I thought and I thought and I thought. Then my brain hurt.


I first considered stenciling the wall. I have been wanting to try stenciling. But then I felt stripes would go better with the overall feel I was going for. Not to mention it’s a lot easier and less time consuming than stenciling. (Although I still might try stencils somewhere later on.)


HOW TO PAINT PERFECT STRIPES

So I got me some painters tape, taped out the wall with the stripes 10″ wide and 10″ apart.


I painted in my first stripe and this is what happened…


HOW TO PAINT PERFECT STRIPES & SHARP LINES

Sadness. :-(


I didn’t have any problem painting the stripes on my under the bed storage. But I believe that’s because the surface was completely smooth. The walls on the other hand have texture and even though I rubbed

Cat Spraying No More
down all the tape edges before painting, paint was still able to get underneath.


So I re-thought my stripe painting strategy. And I figured out that these three easy steps will get you perfectly sharp paint lines every time…


HOW TO PAINT PERFECT STRIPES & SHARP LINES

First, instead of using a 2-inch paint brush, I used a small art brush for painting along the tape line. Then I used the 2-inch brush to fill in the stripes.


Second, don’t over load your brush with paint.


HOW TO PAINT PERFECT STRIPES & SHARP LINES

And third, when painting along the tape line, instead of using up and down strokes, start the brush stroke (with the small brush) on the tape and brush inward. That way, you’re pulling the paint away from the tape line and the paint won’t have a chance to seep underneath the tape. Once you’ve outlined your entire paint line using this technique, you can use the larger brush to fill in your stripes.


And look how pretty my paint line turned out!!!


HOW TO PAINT PERFECT STRIPES & SHARP LINES

Now, let’s take one more look at the before picture…


HOW TO PAINT PERFECT STRIPES & SHARP LINES

And here is the beautiful after…


HOW TO PAINT PERFECT STRIPES

Talk about transformation!


It’s amazing what a little paint can do, isn’t it?!!


HOW TO PAINT PERFECT STRIPES & SHARP LINES

The color is Behr Marquee Caicos Turquoise. And, as always, I added Floetrol to the paint which helps to completely eliminate brush marks. (Also works REALLY AWESOME on trim and baseboards.)


HOW TO PAINT PERFECT STRIPES

Lily always has to get in on the action.


I have a bunch more updates that I’ll be doing in this room, so stay tuned for more and click HERE to sign up for email alerts so you never miss a fun DIY!


SUBSCRIBE

Cheers!


This post linked to some of these totally fabulous blogs and Remodelaholic.



Play Video


Play


Loaded: 0%


Progress: 0%


Remaining Time -0:00


This is a modal window.


Foreground --- White Black Red Green Blue Yellow Magenta Cyan --- Opaque Semi-Opaque


Background --- White Black Red Green Blue Yellow Magenta Cyan --- Opaque Semi-Transparent Transparent


Window --- White Black Red Green Blue Yellow Magenta Cyan --- Opaque Semi-Transparent Transparent


Font Size 50% 75% 100% 125% 150% 175% 200% 300% 400%


Text Edge Style None Raised Depressed Uniform Dropshadow


Font Family Default Monospace Serif Proportional Serif Monospace Sans-Serif Proportional Sans-Serif Casual Script Small Caps


Defaults Done


Original article and pictures take http://diyfunideas.com/how-to-paint-sharp-lines-and-perfect-stripes/ site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий